- 10 cups water
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup pickling salt (I use bit less…3/4 cup)
- 1 tsp dill seed
1. Bring the ingredients to a hard boil.
2. Put your well-cleaned scapes into sterilized Mason jars. You can cut your scapes or simply roll them up before putting them in the jars.
3. Pour the boiling pickling solution on the scapes and seal the jar.
4. Submerge your Mason jars in your canning pot filled with loving water. there must be at least one inch of water on top of your jars. Process for about 10 minutes at a hard boil.
5. Take your Mason jars out of the canning pot and dry them out. Let them cool (you will hear the tops pop as they seal).
6. Check that your jars are well sealed (indented towards the inside of the jars). Those who did not seal should be kept in the refrigerator and used first. Others can be kept in a cupboard as long as they are not opened.