A classic soup for garlic lovers. Serve hot or cold.
* 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
* 2 cups (500 ml) chopped garlic scapes
* 1 cup (250 ml) sliced leeks
* 2 cups (500 ml) diced peeled red potatoes
* 4 cups (1 L) chicken stock
* 1/4 cup (50ml) whipping cream
* Salt and freshly ground pepper
* 2 tbsp (25 ml) chopped Italian parsley
Heat butter in pot on medium-high heat. Add scapes and leeks and sauté for 2 minutes. Add potatoes and sauté until softened slightly. Add stock and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked. Puree in food processor. Add cream and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes to blend flavours. Stir in parsley.